Happy Easter weekend folks!!!
You didn’t think I’d get through Easter without posting an eggstremely fitting recipe did you!? Or write this post without a ridiculous egg pun…soz. No way would I pass on the opportunity to join in on the Easter festivities! So, here are my higgledy-piggledy rocky road nests, just in case you’ve not got enough chocolate at the mo.
In my family, it’s a tradition to have an Easter Sunday tea party, and I think these are going to go down a treat.
These are of course the easiest things to make, anyone can do it, so why not take 15 minutes out of your day to rustle up some yummy Easter treats, it’s what bank holidays are for after all.
All you need is…
– 400g Milk chocolate
– 100g unsalted butter
– 1 Tbsp Golden syrup
– Rice crispies (as many as you want, I just poured till I thought I had enough)
– Mini marshmallows
– 3x Bags of mini eggs (two bags crushed, the other one to put on top)
– 1x Bag of Galaxy golden eggs
– Cupcake cases
– Melt the chocolate, butter, and golden syrup in a bowl over a pan of shallow simmering water- don’t let the water touch the bottom of the bowl. Mix until the it’s all smooth.
– Add the rice crispies and crushed mini eggs to the chocolate and mix until everything is combined.
– Place a cup full of the marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl with a tsp of water and heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or until melted. Add the melted marshmallows to the chocolate mix to make it extra sticky and gorgeous. Then add more mini marshmallows (not melted), as many as you wish.
– Divide the mix between your cases, then decorate with your assortment of mini eggs, I really like the addition of the golden eggs.
– Chill in the fridge until set, then eat eat eat!!
I hope you all have a fab Easter weekend, don’t forget to tag me @pinniesandpompoms in your Easter baking pics.